Happy July 4th from Gallman Consulting!
- Which president was born on the 4th of July?
- How many people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th?
- On what date did most of the signers actually sign the doc?
- Which state had the most delegates sign?
- When did Abraham Lincoln give his 1863, July 4th address?
- What American President was famous for playing golf every 4th of July?
- In what year did July 4 become a paid legal federal holiday?
- What pitcher threw a no hitter on the 4th of July?
- What other countries celebrate the 4th of July?
- Which three presidents died on the 4th of July?
4th Of July Trivia Answers
- Calvin Coolidge, the 30th president, in 1872.
- August 2, 1776
- Pennsylvania. There were nine.
- On July 7, 1863. On July 4, citizens in Washington were celebrating what appeared to be a victory at Gettysburg and wanted Lincoln to give a speech but he would only issue a short proclamation. He was waiting to get a complete report and for further news out west, where General Grant was laying siege to Vicksburg. He later found out that Vicksburg had fallen on July 4th. Lincoln gave his speech three days late.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- It became an unpaid federal holiday in 1870. And a lot of trivia sites say that it became a paid holiday in 1941 but it was actually passed by congress in 1938.
- Dave Righetti of the NY Yankees in 1983. But perhaps the wildest game ever played happened on July 4 between the Atlanta Braves and the New York Mets. It went 19 innings and ended close to 4 AM. Mets won 16-13.
- Denmark, Norway, Sweden and England.
- John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe. Adams, the second president, and Jefferson, the third president, both died on the same day in 1826.